Monday, September 8, 2014

Grandpa & Grandma's House


Today I'm sharing a page I made for a Thursday challenge on the Scraptastic Blog. The challenge was to use 5 circles on your page. I used patterns from Little Scraps of Heaven designs to embellish my page. I used the 3D now, Small Scalloped border & the doily pattern.  As I was making this I kept trying to add more embellishments to the circles but in the end I decided I really liked them just like this.
This is my grandparents home, the picture was probably taken in the late 50's.  This was one of my favorite places to be, the other was my other grandparents home.  My grandparents owned a grocery store & their home was attached to the back of the store.  This view is looking from the back yard at the back of their store & their home is to the left.  My Grandma was quite a homemaker.  I always thought her home looked like it should be in a magazine.  She had very classy taste & decorated her home so lovely.  I wish I had more pictures & pictures of the inside of her home.


No comments: